Monday, July 9, 2012

Warm-up paintings for Monhegan Island workshop



Started this today and learned a lot about getting faster and light values.  The goal is to deliver 2 a day when you are at a workshop.  That's 2 a day that are worth it and teach you something.  This is my start today.  Tomorrow I plan to work on the "values" on the lawn area, the sea, and pop in the actual lighthouse structure someplace next to the cupola.  The Monhegan Island, ME lighthouse complex is bound to be on Tim Horn's workshop agenda.  It's been the favorite painting location since the late 1800's.  Now it's my turn.  I found lots of photos on-line and decided to paint a few of the most likely spots we will paint during our 5 day stay on this popular painting location. I  plan on at least one more of the same location before I move on to a few of the more popular beach and houses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment