Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Monheagan Workshop Warm up painting #2



Again, I am limiting myself to two hours and then stop & see where I am.  My first "warm up" painting for Tim Horn's Monhegan workshop [see below] was the same subject, the beautiful lighthouse on the island.  I'd like to think I could get something totally finished in 2.5 hrs - but realistically I think getting close,  then finishing it in a studio is as good as I am going to get unless I loosen up a great deal more. One of the major goals of the workshop is a focus on "values" - that is contrasting the light and darker areas, and seeing what kind of patters are created in the light spaces.  I have a way to go on this one nad will deal with that in the studio.  If you're interested in at how the pros deliver perfect values, try Tim Horn's blog, as well as Kevin Beers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment