Sunday, June 9, 2013

Rough in for Santa Paula Art Museum painting..



The shapes are in, and I like the"Peggy Kroll Roberts" style shape of the garden docent - as well as the truck, which will be the original orange when competed.  The front of the structure will move to a more grey/blue color - but the values look OK to me.  It's a starting sketch to refiine toward a final version and I think it will turn out fine.  Landscape, clouds - all to come. At 12"x16" it's larger than I usually do, but the yellow trimed turn lane and the addition of the street markings [turn arrow & 25 MPH speed graphic in that lane will add to the foreground interest.  No clue of a title yet.  Should be done by the end of the week if not mid-week.  My next Santa Paula painting will be of the neat little Santa Paula Inn B&B. I am trying to get a dozen or so Santa Paula based paintings done in conjunction with the opening of the Face of California exhibition at this neat art location that will feature three of my paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment