Sunday, December 30, 2012

Cold & Rain in CA can make me nuts ....


so......, I had planned to use my new Guerrilla 5x7 pochade box today at The Stonehaus, a coffee and wine tasting great location within walking distance of my front door.  But it was just too cold to go, and although I want to try some interior Connie Hayes "Borrowed Spaces" kind of sketches, there was just not enough light at all. I decided to just do a small start-up of a lighthouse that I had photographed on a 18 mile bike ride on Nantucket Island last summer.  The simple shapes are done [above photo], so tomorrow I'll but on some paint and fill in the tall grass in the forground to finish it.  Should be a nice one I can put on the on-line gallery [ www.BobRaserArt.com ] later in the week - maybe before the Happy New Year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment