Wednesday, February 12, 2014

12 new paintings in one collection



Since the new year, I have been creating a "collection" that I estimate will involve at least 12 paintings. The paintings range in size from 6"x8" to 24"x36" so far.  I may do some triptychs as well [a scene painted on a few attached panels then individually framed.   All are being created plein-air on one of CA's oldest original orchard farms.  The houses are being moved or sold off while I assume the worst of them will be raised for a much needed creation of an entire new community with schools, parks, play fields, entertainment venues, shopping, a college, housing for all from teachers to "techies".  It is a joy to see a totally green project being done right, and the community is excited about it finally happening for sure.  Everyone has had a hand in what is being created.  I have decided to paint the buildings as they have stood for so many years as a painted record, even though professional photos are being shot, paintings are different and I hope reflect a bit more.  I will post the collection when it is completed.  I am hoping for an exhibition in the town for the community to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment