Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Sonoma Mission done with new GOLDEN Open Acrylics...




I was at the Sonoma Plein Air following Tim Horn around as well as meeting and watching the great plein air artists in action there, when I met the creator of "Guerrilla" painter sulpies Carl Judson.  What a neat guy and I have lots of his great iventions from the pochade box to a brush holder and more.  He gave me a sample of Golden's "open" acrylic paints and wow are they great!  Just like oils that dry so much slower that you understand what all my oil painting buddies are talking about.  I really like this product and painted the "Sonoma Mission" [photo above] in just over 70 minutes because of the Golden open colors i used.  It allows me to move so much faster for some reason. Thanks Carl!

No comments:

Post a Comment