Friday, February 10, 2012

Beginning painting of P. Allen Smith farm house...





A pal put me on to digitizing the P.Allen Smith daily TV half hour. As a career TV producer I like trying to figure out why a program is a hit, especially one as simple as this garden lifestyle format. The show often takes a look at the hosts 500+ acre "new" farm house and grounds in progress as a chance to tout green building and landscape design. I spotted a photo on his web site that is from a NYT profile of Allen's farm that is at the left of the beginning painting. Clean lines and coloring appealed to me as a fun painting to do. This is the result after 90 minutes and I am enjoying it as an exercise in simplification, block design and coloring. Hope to finish it this weekend, then antique it and send it to host Smith who is also a painter.

No comments:

Post a Comment