Thursday, March 17, 2011

Style development for RI house painting...


It's called "simplification & massing", a style Artist TIM HORN [painting LEFT] works in so well. It's a style I have enjoyed too, & I plan to do more of it as part of the Tomales Fine Art [www.tomalesfineart.com] series of plein air classes hosted by Tim in this rural, CA wine country location. Tim's art takes basic forms & shapes and simplifies them using great colors. The RI house I am doing at the moment will borrow from this "simplification" style - and can be seen in one of Tim's fine paintings that I have attached here. Look for more on Tim's site on-line. "Simplification & Massing" is part of Mitch Albala's great lesson book on plein-air painting I have really enjoyed titled "Landscape Painting" [go to amazon.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment